Sunday, January 18, 2009

Reconnecting

I reconnected with a friend today from years past. Someone I hadn't seen since long before I was pregnant and had Caitlin. And, well, I'm different. I can feel it in my bones. I don't respond the way I used to and I don't get it, generally. What connected us as friends will have to change for this friendship survive. So, this visit could be reconnecting or it could be, "goodbye" I just don't know. Sorry to be so obtuse, but I can't be anymore clear, because, frankly, I don't know. It's not anything deeper than I'm not sure that this will play out to be a reconnection of friendship from the past. I just don't know.

Wish me luck.

2 comments:

  1. I totally get it. I have felt this way about people too. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand. I wish you all the best in your reconnecting, or not reconnecting if that is the way it plays out.

    It is strange that some of my own "reconnectings" happened many years after I lost my daughter, once others gained more life experience.

    ReplyDelete