Sunday, January 11, 2009

The Journey

As I reflect on our trip to France, I flipped electronically through the pictures, and noted that much of what caught my eye illustrates the journey. A pathway, a stairway, tree-lined roads, doorways and windows--open and closed, and light and not light all provide symbols for this path of life that, in my case, includes the death of my only child. I have not analyzed the depth of some of this pictures beyond that it's clear these were not unconscious choices to snap the images. Here's one of my favorites of the journey.


1 comment:

  1. Hi, I am not quite sure how I stumbled on your blog, but I love the pictures and the title. I totally understand the pain of losing a child. I lost my son 4 days before birth. I just wanted to say I understand and we have angels looking down on us... take care, Heidi

    ReplyDelete