Sunday, August 16, 2009

Three Random Pics: Three Random Thoughts



This is another pic of one of the frogs who comes to visit us on our deck. When I catch 'em on my porch, I am compelled to take pictures. There is such interest in their faces. And recently I learned that the two snakes who took residence in a pile of bricks close to our house, eat these very kinds of frogs!



The summer has been a time of getting things cleaned out. We shredded hundreds of documents and took lots of clothes and shoes to the St. Vincent DePaul bin. I included a bag of my pregnancy clothes. Plenty of tears during this event. I couldn't help but note the irony in seeing that I had purchased three polo prego shirts with butterflies on them---a symbol now of Caitlin's spirit in this world, now transformed, but beautiful.

And this, is proof to me that I still have joy in my heart. This was captured while I was teaching my pre.scho.ol music group. And my smile surprised me, I barely recognized myself.

15 comments:

  1. That last picture brought tears to my eyes! So lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to see you smile!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The joy in that last one is so clear. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so in the moment.

    I invite you to add this post to Perfect Moment Mondays. The feeling of the picture definitely fits!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope this particular frog escapes the snakes - s/he looks like a wise old thing, somehow. And your smile is lovely. I'm glad it's making an appearance again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is great to see you smiling. And the frog pictures are so adorable. You are a blessing.
    Love
    Lindsay

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful smile!!!
    Love and hugs to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love these. Of course, I love the one of you smiling. Funny how it can catch you off guard, huh? Seems like all three things caught you off guard in their own ways...

    Wanted to let you know I still read you faithfully.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful post, your smile is delightful.
    Blessings to you and your family.
    Thank you for your visit to my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for your kind words to my heart in the season of walking out life without our daughters...you look beautiful in this picture. bless your day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awww, you are so wonderfully radiant and lovely in the last photo! And I'm a huge fan of your frog photos - this frog does look like he has a story to tell.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are taking huge steps right now, while still keeping Caitlin in your heart and in your life.

    Peace.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loved to see this photo of you xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. nice pic

    nice to see you smile like this

    ReplyDelete