Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Worth Sharing

Brian Bradshaw's aunt delivers a powerful statement for the bereaved. What resonated so strongly for me was her early statement that what hurt the most was the media silence concerning the death of this bright boy who gave his life in service to this country. How hard it is for all bereaved to trudge through the pain while the world continues to spin. What also struck me was the image of the mother with open hands waiting for them to give her the flag. I thought only that her arms remained empty when that flag at last fell into her hands.

For me it is worth nothing that more media attention was given to Michael Jackson's death; it is of no comfort to "win" the "grief Olympics." [Let me be clear, I don't think that she engages in this "grief Olympics, but I think that others are tempted to go there.] For me, much of the MJ coverage was over-the-top, but I don't have the energy to judge those who feel the pain of his death. And it won't give me one bit of comfort for my own grief.

We all hurt. All love ones deserve to be remembered, and this video is worth sharing.


Watch CBS Videos Online

No comments:

Post a Comment