Sunday, June 20, 2010

RePost for DH on Father's Day

For Her Father

For the one who held me as I wailed
Who waited to release his pain
To be present with mine
Who understood
As I clung to his breathing body
That I was trying to fold myself into him
Searching and aching to find my child
Within him
Draining myself into his soul
Resting for a moment there

For the one who then
Entrusted his sorrows to me
Released tears that bathed my naked arm
Buried his head in my neck

I cherish you
for
Within
Each other we find our child
For her essence
Lives in us
Together

8 comments:

  1. Just beautiful. Thank you for sharing this, especially today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As usual, you brought me to tears. What a perfect tribute to your husband on this Father's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beautiful, I am crying.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautifully written!! Our husbands often get overlooked and this is such a wonderful tribute to them!

    ReplyDelete