Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Milestones Blur

At some point in time, I check in with myself. Some milestones blur, you see, and without reflection you can miss them.

This past week, I sang everyday. Drank wine everyday. Walked, swam, and laughed everyday. I listened and told stories everyday.

Unplugged from every technology that requires a plug or battery including my camera, I aimed to be present rather than documenting presence. I participated in life everyday. Woven within this participation of thoughts, words, music, and experiences was my daughter's presence.

My Caitlin, with me always.

In the sound of twigs giving way to my footfalls and calls of loons on the lake, in the trance as my arms roll over each other in the water, in casual and deep conversations, in the peaks of the musical phrases, and in the quiet reflection during fatigue from a hard and glorious day--just before a restful sleep.

And that is a milestone. 


6 comments:

  1. I loved reading this post. And I'm so glad to read your words once again.

    And I felt as though I were almost with you and Caitlin, just for a brief moment. In that place of a mother and her daughter with thoughts and words and music and experiences. Hanging glittering between you.

    Your dear Caitlin.

    She is remembered very fondly here.

    Glad for a restful sleep for her mama.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a good milestone, xo to you and Caitlin

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was this spring when I was waiting for the pink tulip to bloom when I thought of Caitlin. I do still think of you and your sweet little girl. Amazing how we can still have milestone moments so many years later. ((((hugs))))

    ReplyDelete
  4. sweet comfort...restful sleep. another milestone. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was so glad to see another post from you, and this one is so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete